Monday, May 6, 2024 3:38:34 AM

Application on mapped drive

3 months ago
#44101 Quote
I'm unable to point to an application that resides on a mapped drive.  It only shows me the C: drive.
3 months ago
#44102 Quote
Please be more specific as to what you're doing with respect to the Secure Lockdown utility.
3 months ago
#44103 Quote
When I try to navigate to the application on the master app tab, it only shows me the C: drive and not a mapped T: drive (which is where the app resides).
3 months ago
#44104 Quote
Try specifying the location directly in the "Select an executable file" Windows Explorer address bar.
3 months ago
#44110 Quote
Nope.  It doesn't accept the mapped drive letter.
3 months ago
#44111 Quote
Another approach would be to create a new "T" partition on the hard drive.
3 months ago
#44112 Quote
That won't work as the application that needs to run is on the network.  Why can't I navigate to a networked drive to run the application?
3 months ago
#44113 Quote
You should be able to run an app from a networked drive. This needs to be configured before enabling Secure Lockdown. Once Secure Lockdown is enabled, The ability to select a network drive is removed.
3 months ago
#44114 Quote
What I just found is that I can navigate to mapped drive when logged in with administrator rights.
3 months ago
#44115 Quote
Update - it works when I login as an administrator.  However, when I login as a regular user, it doesn't find the mapped drive and fails.