Thursday, May 2, 2024 9:49:33 PM

Doesn't start sometimes, even though link is in Startup folder

10 years ago
#1296 Quote
Hi,

we're having an issue with the secure lockdown multiapp edition on a Windows 7 Professional (English).
I've setup a "kiosk user" that has admin priviledges. The software has a link in the startup folder.
Unfortunately, the software doesn't always start up when logging in; at least 50% of the time, it doesn't start, leaving just a blank screen. I haven't figured out a pattern when this happens.

Also, there are no error messages that come up.
Please let me know how to narrow down the issue as soon as possible, as a customer pilot is on the line here.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Hans Baumeister

10 years ago
#1297 Quote
You say you have a "link in the startup folder". Please do not use the Windows Startup folder. If you need to run an app on startup, use the Background Apps feature of Secure Lockdown. Also, you can set up Circle Dock to never be hidden (stays visible) by adjusting the Toggle options in the Circle Dock settings screen if you need.
10 years ago
#1299 Quote
Inteset S. wrote:
You say you have a "link in the startup folder". Please do not use the Windows Startup folder. If you need to run an app on startup, use the Background Apps feature of Secure Lockdown. Also, you can set up Circle Dock to never be hidden (stays visible) by adjusting the Toggle options in the Circle Dock settings screen if you need.

Hi,
the only link in the Windows Startup folder is to the lockdown software itself. I didn't see any other way to have it start up and do its thing when the user logs in. All other SW that needs to "autorun" does so through the setup in lockdown.

10 years ago
#1300 Quote
All you need to do is select the "Enable" check box within the Secure
Lockdown configuration tool and then press the "Apply" button. You do not need to use the Startup folder
10 years ago
#1301 Quote
Inteset S. wrote:
All you need to do is select the "Enable" check box within the Secure
Lockdown configuration tool and then press the "Apply" button. You do not need to use the Startup folder

That solved the problem, thank you very much!

Best regards,
Hans
10 years ago
#1468 Quote
The kiosk does not start anything from the windows startup directory
I am running the master application but it requires applications that are started from the startup directory
I noticed a forum leaf, that talks about background apps that can be configures using secure lockdown. where can I find information on how to configure the background apps?

10 years ago
#1469 Quote
There is a manual included with the software. There is a section that details the Background Apps feature.
10 years ago
#1472 Quote
Is the Background Apps feature only available in the Multi Application Edition?
Is there no way to start a batch file from the regular version?
10 years ago
#1476 Quote
The regular version (Standard) also has the Background apps feature.