Wednesday, May 1, 2024 8:49:20 PM

keyboard helper not restarting onscreen keyboard

10 years ago
#1391 Quote
I'm running Onscreen Keyboard Helper on a touch screen PC kiosk. If a user closes the onscreen keyboard instead of minimizing it, clicking the Onscreen Keyboard Helper no longer brings back the onscreen keyboard. This was configured according to instructions in other posts here and did work. I found the .lnk file for the onscreen keyboard helper was missing, so I recreated it and set it to run as an administrator. That did not fix the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?
10 years ago
#1393 Quote
Try using the other keyboard type. Depending on the OS you're using one virtual keyboard works better than the other.
10 years ago
#1398 Quote
Thanks for your response. When I select the Windows onscreen keyboard, they keyboard helper can restore the keyboard if it is minimized, but cannot restore it if the user closes the keyboard when running in kisok mode. The helper can restore the closed keyboard if the machine is not in kiosk mode. When I select the tablet keyboard option in the helper, the keyboard is not displayed at all in kiosk mode. The keyboard helper is configured to run as administrator. Do you have any suggestions?
10 years ago
#1399 Quote
I resolved the issue. I found Use On-Screen Keyboard under Control Panel -> Ease of Access Center -> Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard was checked. After I unchecked it and restarted in kiosk mode, the Onscreen Keyboard Helper could restore the keyboard if it was closed by a user.
10 years ago
#1400 Quote
Okay. Good. Thanks for reporting this.