Saturday, April 27, 2024 8:23:31 PM

Secure Lockdown v2- IE edition and Adobe Reader add-in

10 years ago
#1405 Quote
We are currently setting up kiosks for our employees to use to access there weekly pay statements from ADP. We are using secure lockdown to limit the stations to ADP's website, all is good except that when the employee clicks on the link to pull up the pay statement to print it, it requires adobe reader plug in which is not allowed to run. If i disable the secure lockdown everything works as it should. How do I allow the Adobe reader to continue to function while the lockdown software is running?

10 years ago
#1406 Quote
Set the "Customizations\Other IE Options\No Downloads" setting to "disabled." Or, download these files (click on them in IE) before locking down the system so that the PDF files are in the browser cache and keep the "No Downloads" option checked. Then lock the system down. The browser should display them if they are already downloaded. PDFs must be downloaded before viewed.
10 years ago
#1409 Quote
Just to add a little more info,

With the lockdown software disabled, I can go into the manage add-ons screen and there is an ActiveX control for adobe PDF reading listed and it is enabled.

With the lockdown software enabled, I go to the same add-on screen and the ActiveX control for adobe PDF reader is not listed at all, it seems to me that something is preventing the Adobe ActiveX control from loading.

Thanks,
Ken
10 years ago
#1655 Quote
KenS

I am trying to run ADP locked down but my login fails after the UID/PW comes up for https://agateway.adp.com

What settings did you use to make that work?