Tuesday, April 30, 2024 10:41:44 PM

Secure Lockdown Windows 8.1 compatibility

10 years ago
#1431 Quote
Is Secure Lockdown v2 MAE compatible with Windows 8.1?
10 years ago
#1432 Quote
Yes, it is. Currently, no Modern UI apps are supported, however, our next release will support the Modern UI interface when using the Multi-application Edition. We expect the next release (Build: 2.00.077) to be available by the middle of next week (Nov 13th).
10 years ago
#1464 Quote
Modern UI apps are now supported under Secure Lockdown - Multi Application Edition.
9 years ago
#1770 Quote
I am using Inteset Secure Lockdown ver 2.0 with windows 8.1 and am experiencing problems.  First off the lockout program does not seem to be working.  I am trying to run POWER DVD 13 as the main app. in a kiosk setting.  I have Power DVD playing an ISO mounted BluRay file.  When I engage the lockout software and reboot the computer the Power DVD software automatically boots, but it doesn't see the ISO mounted file.  In fact, it doesn't see the built in DVD drive either... it sees it as a CD drive.  I have a Sony Viao all in one touch screen computer.  The BluRay program is an A/V program that acts as it's own interface and is menu driven.

Also, if I close the app... it does not re load or stay locked in place.  I just get a black screen.  All of the check boxes are checked for start upon boot, keep running and maintain full screen.  I'm at my wits end here.  Could it be that my version is too old for Windows 8.1.  It was working ok with 8.0 but I upgraded to 8.1 thinking it was a good thing to do.

I need to keep PowerDVD in full screen mode, which is why I am  using the lockdown software.  Also, does anybody know how to disable the double tap feature for windows 8.1.  I went into the registry and made the value for double click (on the mouse) 1... which makes it virtually impossible to double click because you can't physically do it fast enough.  I thought this would act the same for the touchscreen equivalent of double tap, but no...double tap still works.  

Please help.

9 years ago
#1771 Quote
David R, please try the following:

1. create a separate "media library" volume on a separate drive (such as an "M:\" drive) - Note that Power DVD cannot access files on the C:\ drive while the system is locked down.
2. move the iso file and Power DVD reference to it to the new volume location
3. secure Lockdown will not reload an app (if it is closed) if it not the main process. In other words, the EXE you're running as the Master Application is not the Power DVD app, but a launching app that exits immediately. There is probably another Power DVD exe (the real process) that can be run directly with a command line referencing your iso file. Look in the program's Program Folder for another exe.

Please make sure you're running the latest version of Secure Lockdown - Standard Edition found here.
9 years ago
#1772 Quote
The iso file is mounted as drive E.  I'm not sure what you mean about a media library .  When I run it in the "test" mode it works but it still lets me exit the program.  I appreciate your help and quick response.  I will look for more info on Monday.  I owe my client his machine.  I hope that I can get this fixed next week.  Thanks.
9 years ago
#1773 Quote
What are you using to mount the iso file? The actual iso file needs to be located in a place other than the C:\drive.
9 years ago
#1774 Quote
I am using CyberLInk Power2Go 8 to mount the virtual drive.  So are you telling me that I have to partition my hard drive (C drive)? The machine sees the mounted virtual drive as the "e" drive right now.  I'm a bit confused.  
9 years ago
#1775 Quote
What is concerning me is that when I launch the computer with the lockout engaged (restart instead of just log out) the computer no longer even sees the Blue-ray optical drive.  It sees it as a CD drive.  This is not right.  
9 years ago
#1776 Quote
If you have the "System Lockdown/Local Level/No Local Drives" option checked, please uncheck it and try again.