Wednesday, May 1, 2024 7:55:39 AM

Secure Lockdown Windows 8.1 compatibility

9 years ago
#1799 Quote
I will try that.
9 years ago
#1803 Quote
Still doesn't work.  I partitioned the hard drive...made a volume and put the ISO file and image files in that partition.  Mounted the image file as a virtual drive (letter M or such) and enabled the lockdown software... no virtual drive shows and the BD-rom drive built into the computer shows as a CD-rom drive...just as it did before. Oh, I also installed the latest version of the lockdown software.

You product doesn't appear to work properly.  :-(
9 years ago
#1804 Quote
Please send a screenshot of the "Master Application" tab to techsupport@inteset.com
9 years ago
#1805 Quote
That's much easier said than done.  The computer in question is a dedicated machine with no email or internet ability on purpose.  I feel you are just grasping at straws at this point and have no real clue as to what the trouble is. While I appreciate your efforts, I can't say that it has been very helpful.  You have had me do all kinds of stuff... including partitioning my hard drive and the result has been absolutely no different. I don't mean to take it out on you, but I am frustrated and frankly tired of all of this.

Apparently I need to find a program that actually works, or just forget the whole thing.  It is interesting, that when I put a disc into the BD drive, then the program works, but it will not recognize an ISO file.  

I will see if I can get you a screen shot of the master app. tab, but it is not likely.  What is it you want to know?  I'm doing everything correctly... your software is obviously the problem.  
9 years ago
#1806 Quote
We have downloaded the trial version of PowerDVD14 and a BD test ISO file. This setup is being tested now. How are you specifying the launch of the ISO file (BD movie) in PowerDVD?
9 years ago
#1807 Quote
There is nothing to specify.  I don't understand what you are asking.  Without the lockdown software running I simply mount the virtual drive and PowerDVD sees it as a second choice (ie: the built in BD-rom drive and the virtual drive with whatever letter I give it).  I simply select the virtual drive and then play.  When the lockdown software is active, the BD-rom shows up as a CD drive and the virtual drive is not shown.  Am I doing something wrong?
9 years ago
#1808 Quote
This is what we did that successfully worked under Windows 7 64bit (it should work under Windows 8.1 as well):

Secure Lockdown - Master Application Tab:
PATH: C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD14\PowerDVD.exe
ARGUMENTS: AUTOPLAY BD G:\
START IN: C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD14\
Keep Running = enabled

Secure Lockdown - System Lockdown/Local Level Tab:
No Logoff = disabled
No Local Drives - disabled
No Auto Play = enabled
No System Keys = Enabled
No Desktop = disabled

Note that you must install an iso file mounting app such as SlySoft Virtual Clone and then mount the file to a virtual drive (in this example to the "G" drive). The iso file must be located in a drive other than "C:\" (like the "M:\" drive you created.
With the above settings, if you close PowerDVD, it will open and replay the movie as you needed. You can find additional PowerDVD command line parameters (arguments) here.
9 years ago
#1809 Quote
I'll give it a try, thanks.
9 years ago
#1810 Quote
It is still not working.  I am using Power to Go 8 to mount my virtual drive.  I can see it as a drive like the BD-rom drive but when I apply the lockdown software and reboot the computer it is not there.  When I log out of the lockdown software and then look for the virtual drive, it is gone.  I have to remount it every time.
9 years ago
#1811 Quote
Using Virtual Clone retains the mount setup after rebooting, so that should work. However, your better option is just to create a folder on the "M" drive and copy the BD files from your iso mount to that folder. Then, change the "Arguments" statement in Secure Lockdown to: "AUTOPLAY M:\<your_movie_folder_name_with_no_spaces>"