Thursday, May 9, 2024 9:29:02 PM

Upgrading my version of Inteset

10 years ago
#1444 Quote
I am running version 2.00.066 but I noticed there is a newer version out, 2.00.077.  Can I upgrade to this version without deactivating and reactivating the license?  The computer has already been taken to the client's site and I no longer have internet access on that machine.

10 years ago
#1446 Quote
The latest release is 2.00.078 as of 11/18/13. Yes, you can simply install it over the previous build.
10 years ago
#1608 Quote
Hi,
I've upgraded the software to the version 2.00.073 from the 2.00.056 without deactivating the license. The installation was fine, but at the first launch of the new software I have this error message: www.tecnobody.com/temp/LockdownErrors.zip
What can I do now? Is my license lost again? How can I recover my license number?

P.S.: I've already send you two mail in the last month for an issue correlated to a license activated before activate Windows, but I have received no answer...

Thank you in advance.
Andrea - Tecnobody Srl
10 years ago
#1609 Quote
Please completely uninstall Secure Lockdown, then delete the all of the contents in the "c:\program files\inteset\secure lockdown" folder. Download and install the latest version of the software from here (choose your edition, then download).
10 years ago
#1610 Quote
And my license? It will be lost or if I install the new version automatically the new software will be activated with the license of the previous version?
Anyway I suppose that if I uninstall the software I'll lose the license..isn't it?
10 years ago
#1611 Quote
The reason you've been asked to completely uninstall the software is because the version you have is old and does not update properly with the new installation. Subsequent releases, you do not have to completely uninstall the software. You just need to install the later version over the prior.

Typically, your license will not be removed if you uninstall and reinstall the software. However, because your release is old, the license may need to be deactivated. If you run into an activation issue upon installing the newest release, please email techsupport@inteset.com with your order number and the issue will be handled. Please check your junk mail if you don't receive a response within a few hours.
10 years ago
#1612 Quote
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software and it works now.
Thank you
Andrea - Tecnobody Srl