Thursday, May 2, 2024 4:28:08 PM

Kiosks running Multi Application Edition lock up every 48 hours or so

10 years ago
#1451 Quote
We have two Windows XP Professional workstations running Inteset Secure Lockdown v.2 - Multi Application Edition.  Every 48 hours or so, the workstations lock up completely.

The only recourse is the press and hold the power button on the workstations, so they power off.  Once turned back on and logged in, they return to the circle dock and work fine... for another 48 hours that is.
10 years ago
#1452 Quote
Please supply the configuration settings you've defined for
Secure Lockdown and Circle Dock. Also, what build of Secure Lockdown do you have? This information can be found under the About tab.
10 years ago
#1504 Quote
I'm having the same problem.  I'm not sure that it's a 48 hour thing, however, the clerk watching the kiosks is frustrated.  I have 4 computers in the public area that runs two programs:  IE and a locally installed networked program.

My configuration details are as follows:  

V2.0 Multi App Build 2.00.078
Everything is checked on the Desktop portion except for No Desktop

The Circle Dock has the county seal and IE and the local program

IE is configured for:
Locked Bars/Menus
No Favorites Bar
No Comman Bar
No Menu Bar
No Status Bar
No Search Bar

Other options:
No Dialog
No Downloads

I have enabled allowed sites with a list of all the sites they need to get to.

There are no background apps.

I have configured the local machine as suggested in the user guide such as, no updates, no antivirus, no firewall, no local login.

Over time or use, the screen goes blank.  CTRL-ALT-DEL, cancel, will usually bring back the dock.  However that's only good for a couple of times and then the IE link on the dock doesn't work.

Restarting the machine and the program is necessary in order to get it back to working order.

I need these 4 machines up without technical intervention all the time.  Since there isn't much of any literature on the product, please let me know what if anything I'm missing or if there is a fix for this problem.

Thanks,
Jennifer
10 years ago
#1505 Quote
Is this system set to sleep after a time period? Or, is there an app running the may be chewing up the system resources? It is unlikely that Secure Lockdown is causing the issue as it requires little resource. This issue is usually caused by a buildup of memory over time, or an issue with a program that doesn't respond properly when the system returns from sleep mode. Regarding the IE link in Circle Dock, please download the latest version of Secure Lockdown Multi-app Edition. THere have been some improvements, one of which may fix the IE link not responding issue.
10 years ago
#1506 Quote
No, the power options are set to never for both monitor and hard drive, there is no screen saver configured either.

The program besides IE that they can access is running off the network only when they access it.  For most users, they are only using IE.

Jennifer
10 years ago
#1507 Quote
Please note that there is nothing in Secure Lockdown that would cause the screen to go blank. Some other process is doing this.

If you have the opportunity, run the Task Manager in the background to see what process is tying up resources or potentially causing the problem. You can do this by running the Task Manager as a Secure Lockdown Background app:

1. Under the Background Apps tab, add the following program: "C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe"
2. Create the following Windows Registry key name and value pair:

Key Name: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Inteset\SecureLockdown_v2_MA
Value Name: EnableTaskManager (DWORD)
Value Data: 1

3. Enable Secure Lockdown

Please let us know the outcome.