Thursday, May 2, 2024 7:11:23 PM

Make a specific program available in start menu but leave everything else out?

10 years ago
#1487 Quote
I have been able to lockdown everything as needed so far but limited access is needed, for instance Remote desktop is needed but i dont want anything else just yet, how can i add it so that its seen in the start menu?

and is there a way to remove the dock so it doesnt show up at all?
10 years ago
#1488 Quote
Assuming you're testing with Secure Lockdown - Multi Application Edition, you can place an application shortcut in the Taskbar, but not the Windows Start menu. You can "disable" the Circle Dock, by going to the Circle Dock settings screen under the Background and Center Buttons options and making their Opacity "0".
10 years ago
#1489 Quote
Assuming you're testing with Secure Lockdown - Multi Application Edition, you can place an application shortcut in the Taskbar, but not the Windows Start menu. You can "disable" the Circle Dock, by going to the Circle Dock settings screen under the Background and Center Buttons options and making their Opacity "0".

Yes, im using the multi application edition, is there a way to show only specific programs in the start menu? while still having everything else locked down? I would like to avoid cluttering up the taskbar.

The dock was successfully hidden using your guide for that, thank you.
10 years ago
#1490 Quote
I am also having a problem where the Windows start button (Windows 7) is not showing up when in lock down, I have the option to allow the user to log off or shutdown unchecked yet it still makes the button dissapear. I can still get to it buy double clicking the desktop but the start button is preffered as the users are familiar with it. Am i missing the option where you allow that to be shown?
10 years ago
#1491 Quote
By default, the Start button is removed as it is Circle Dock that is the main Menuing application. Currently there is no option to use the standard Windows Start menu although that may be an option in a future release.
10 years ago
#1492 Quote
okay, one more question, since i cannot use the start menu now i am taking another look at utilizing the Dock you provide...however since i used the opacity options and put them on 0...i know cannot find it to change the opacity to see! is there a reset to default settings button somewhere for the dock?
10 years ago
#1493 Quote
Yes. With Windows Explorer, delete the "Config.<UserName.DomainName>.ini" file at the following location:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Inteset\Secure Lockdown - MAE\CircleDock\System\Settings"

10 years ago
#1539 Quote
The latest version of Secure Lockdown - Multi Application Edition now allows the use of the Windows Start menu instead of the Circle Dock application launch menu.
10 years ago
#1540 Quote
Thats excellent! thank you. I will test with this version today, im sure we would prefer that over the floating dock.
10 years ago
#1543 Quote
I downloaded the latest version, where the start menu has been added, but i dont have a way of being able to make an exception for programs to show in the start menu. Under my customizations tab when i click start menue instead of the circle dock it greys out configuration.