Thursday, May 2, 2024 3:55:42 PM

Kiosk mode - hyperlinks - IE11

10 years ago
#1520 Quote
Hello.

I have setup Secure Lockdown v2 IE Edition to start my website in kiosk mode. When kiosk is started, hyperlinks do not work (message: operation cancelled due to restrictions ...).

I do not allow new windows to open in kiosk, therefore the hyperlinks on website are : <a href="somesite.php" target="_self">link</a> So the link should open in the same window. The "allow sites" is not enabled (allowing all)

Am I missing something ? Why hyperlinks do not work ?
10 years ago
#1521 Quote
Is this a public site we can test?
10 years ago
#1522 Quote
I am also having this issue.  this is the site that the kiosk displays.  http://www.seegoodland.com
10 years ago
#1523 Quote
Are you using IE 11 as well?
10 years ago
#1524 Quote
indeed I am.  I can downgrade and see what that does.
10 years ago
#1525 Quote
Do you have any URLs listed under the Allowed Sites list? If so, what do you have entered there.
10 years ago
#1526 Quote
I am not using the allowed site function.

I downgraded to IE10 and now my URLs are working.  This is obviously a band-aid and not a fix but it is working.  let me know if there are any other tests you would like me to run.
10 years ago
#1527 Quote
We're testing with IE 11 in Kiosk mode and not getting any errors with the site you mentioned. Can you be specific about what links are returning the error?
10 years ago
#1528 Quote
All of the links on the page i sent don't work.  Is there a config file I could post?  I have a print screen of the Restriction message box as well if you require that.  I went ahead and re installed IE11 and am getting the restrictions dialog again.
10 years ago
#1529 Quote
You can send images to Techsupport@inteset.com. Can you send screen shots of your Secure Lockdown settings? Thanks for the help.