Thursday, May 2, 2024 11:04:42 AM

Cannot power down PC with Inteset Secure Lockdown v2 running

10 years ago
#1548 Quote
Hello.

I purchased a license to trial locking down a Windows 7 for use as a thin client.

I have set the Power button to power off the PC. However, with Secure Lockdown running the PC won't shut down. I get the "Force Shutdown" screen with "(Waiting for) frmWallpaper". I have to press the "Force Shut down" button to proceed. If I disable "Secure Lockdown" the PC powers off properly.

I need this to be as simple as possible so I can deploy it to 30 PC's in a training center.

Do you have a solution for this?
10 years ago
#1554 Quote
Please download the latest release of Secure Lockdown which fixes this problem.
10 years ago
#1555 Quote
I just downloaded the installer from the product link which points to  http://shop.inteset.com/download/sample/9

It is doing exactly the same. Is this not the latest download and if not, where do i get the latest from?
10 years ago
#1556 Quote
Please try unchecking the "No Desktop" option under Customizations\System Options.
10 years ago
#1557 Quote
Thanks. That has resolved the issue.

What does this option actually do?? Even with it disabled there is still no Desktop.
10 years ago
#1559 Quote
An update to Secure Lockdown has been released where you can now have the "No Desktop" option enabled and this issue will not occur. You can download it here. The No Desktop option runs Secure Lockdown as the Windows System Shell.