Sunday, April 28, 2024 10:00:48 AM

Locked Out

10 years ago
#1640 Quote
I have a PC that is currently locked out... running Win7, with 2 user accounts that are both Administrators.

With either account, in Safe Mode, the desktop is blank and the Start menu will only allow Log Off.

Ctrl/Alt/Del will only allow [Cancel]

Alt/Shift/S does nothing

How do I get back in?
10 years ago
#1641 Quote
Are both admin accounts locked down? If one is not, shut the computer down from that account. Otherwise you'll need to do a hard re-boot. Make sure you do not have antivirus software running that can prevent the startup of Secure Lockdown. Also, be sure to download and install the latest version of Secure Lockdown form our website.
10 years ago
#1642 Quote
Hi,

We've done a hard re-boot of the PC, however this has made no difference.
10 years ago
#1643 Quote
You will need to delete the lockdown account and start over. Be sure there is no anti-virus software running that could block Secure Lockdown from starting. Download the latest release of Secure Lockdown from our website which was recently enhanced to work better with anti-virus software
10 years ago
#1644 Quote
Problem is, I can't get into the PC to do anything - both accounts are locked out.

Need some kind of backdoor way in.
10 years ago
#1645 Quote
unfortunately, you'll need to re-install the OS or use a recovery disk at this point.
10 years ago
#1650 Quote
If the machine is on a network, you can try to delete the user profile via c$ share.  That should let you get back in.  You'll then need to clean up the profile and you may have some settings left over, but it will allow you to get in at least.

10 years ago
#1652 Quote
I've had to wipe Windows 7 off the PC and start again with a completely fresh install.

However I now can't re-install the license.

Purchased on 13/12/2013 - order reference 7889 - license a50*****-****-****-****-*********70d

Obviously I couldn't 'de-install' this from the PC before I wiped it.

Can you please re-activate it or provide me with another license key?
10 years ago
#1653 Quote
Your license has been deactivated and can now be reused.