Saturday, April 27, 2024 9:44:57 PM

On-Screen keyboard

10 years ago
#1646 Quote
I've been working with a Dell Venue Pro 8.1 device.  I'm trying to lock it down to run IE and Windows Media player only.  It looks like I also need to run the On-screen keyboard utility provided by Inteset, since the native keyboard won't launch.  When I run this keyboard, the view of the keyboard is very small on the screen.  The helper shows it is as 100% size.  Am I missing something with regards to this setup?

Or is there a way I can permit the built in keyboard to launch when Inteset is enabled with the Circle Dock?

thanks.
10 years ago
#1647 Quote
Please download the latest build from our website that was posted yesterday. It has many enhancements involving touch devices and the On-screen Keyboard Helper utility. In the utility, be sure to have the "Windows Tablet PC Input Panel" type keyboard selected. Also, choose the "Run on Windows login" and Launch keyboard on startup options. The small keyboard is a toggle button that is supposed to launch or hide the Windows on-screen keyboard. This will work properly on the Venue after you install the latest release.
10 years ago
#1648 Quote
Thanks.  To confirm you are saying download the keyboard app, or the lockdown app?

Could we call the keyboard app from within the lockdown app (background app) so there is just a single place to configure this? Or does it need to be ran separately?

Thanks for your help.
10 years ago
#1649 Quote
Secure Lockdown - the keyboard helper app is included with Secure Lockdown.
10 years ago
#1654 Quote
Thanks for your continued help.  I still seem to have an issue with the keyboard.  I installed the lock down program today.  I ran the config for the keyboard utlity to run on startup.

When I star/log into the device, I see the small white keyboard icon, then a popup 'Could not start On-Screen Keyboard'.  That's all it seems to say.  I can dismiss the popup, the white keyboard icon remains but isn't responsive.  I can move it by dragging, but that is about it.

Has anyone ever seen this?

Thanks