Sunday, April 28, 2024 8:06:05 AM

On Screen Keyboard

10 years ago
#1658 Quote
I still seem to have an issue with the keyboard.  Both on a Dell Venue and Lenovo thinkpad tablet.

I can run the keyboard setup and have it set to run at startup.  I then enable secure lockdown (with just IE appearing on the circle menu).  After logging out/back in, I see the small white keyboard icon and the circle dock.  But I cannot get the keyboard to launch.  On the Dell Venue, I get an error that the keyboard cannot load.  I think this may be an issue with that machine so I will look at reinstalling the OS.  However the Lenovo is another tablet I got (after running into issues with the Dell), it also doesn't seem to launch the keyboard...What am I missing?

Thanks.

10 years ago
#1659 Quote
So it turns out when I get into this state, if I then RDP to the device and login with the same account that is currently logged in at the console the keyboard then automatically appears.  I can then log back in on the console (killing the RDP) session then the keyboard is still there and usable.  Reboot the machine and log back into the console, then the same issue reoccurs.

I also just noticed once I am in the state, if I hit the sleep/power button on the device, then press it again and go back into the device, the keyboard appears.  If I then close it, it will no longer launch again, unless I force it to sleep and come back, or RDP to it.

Thanks
10 years ago
#1660 Quote
What OS are you using? Which keyboard type are you using? Also, be sure to download and install the latest release of Secure Lockdown from our website. Many improvements were recently made to the on-screen keyboard capability.