Saturday, April 27, 2024 1:07:57 PM

Secure Lockdown Multi-application fails on a Windows 7 Enterprise box

10 years ago
#1697 Quote
Good afternoon.

We are attempting to run a trial version of Secure Lockdown - Multi Application Edition.  The machine is a Dell Optiplex 755, running the Army image of Windows 7.  The error I get is:  "Error initializing trial period with error:  This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validataed cryptographic algorithms.  Ensure the system is connected to the Internet. ..." at which point we try to use off-line activation.  When we go to save the file to our local documents folder, we get the error:

"Could not save to this location.  Please ensure ... location.
System.InvalidOperationException: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorythms. ..."

I have already purchased a full license and tried to use that key originally and got the same online error.  When I went to try offline and save the file, I got a different looking error, but with the same FIPS crypto error.  If there is a log file I can send you, please let me know.

Thanks and have a good day.

Rich Seyfert
10 years ago
#1698 Quote
We are looking into this issue. It is related to the cryptographic algorithms we use to encrypt our file which your setup doesn't support. We are looking for a workaround.
10 years ago
#1699 Quote
Please try this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14509354/this-implementation-is-not-part-of-the-windows-platform-fips-validated-cryptogra
10 years ago
#1705 Quote
Support.  Thanks for the call.  I was just forming my post and capturing the words presented when I got your message.  Thanks.