Wednesday, May 8, 2024 2:38:42 PM

Touchscreen and IELockdown V2 issue

10 years ago
#1709 Quote
Hi,

Firstly we use this product on several public workstations, but recently have purchased it for a touchscreen solution in another building.

The touchscreen we have purchased in an "IIyama Prolite T2336" which appears to function well and quite robust. The issue is as soon as Secure Lockdown in enabled and the machine restarts, the sensitivity of the monitor becomes almost non-existent. You almost have to break your finger to get the monitor to recognise any gesture and this only happens when in lockdown mode.

I have attempted allowing all settings before locking the device down, tried Kiosk mode and windowed mode. I have un-ticked allow desktop as there is no drag functionality at all without this.

Its a new HP workstation with multiple cores x64
4gb Ram
2gb Video Card (I thought the onboard card might have had a baring on this but didn't make a difference.

I am at a loss and nearing the point where I need to find another product as this is clearly disabling or altering the sensitivity or functionality of the touchscreen.

Has anyone go any ideas?
10 years ago
#1710 Quote
I find it hard to believe no one has experienced this issue with this product?

Secure Lockdown mode basically makes the monitor not function any more. Turn SL off and it works perfectly.

Disabled UAC
Disabled AV
Tested different drivers
Tested other sites
Changed Sensitivity settings

I cannot understand why the product is altering or disabling the driver for the monitor?

10 years ago
#1711 Quote
Secure Lockdown is used with and has been tested on many variations of touchscreen implementations. This issue has not arisen in any of those use cases. If this touchscreen has specific drivers that are started using the Windows Registry software "Run" key, Secure Lockdown prevents those apps from running. If this is the case, try running the driver program from the Windows Task Scheduler (with elevated privileges) instead.
9 years ago
#1879 Quote
Have the issue too, with latest version, you're not alone.

But, there isn't any specific software that should run after user logon... in theory. I'll check that.

Edit: Add some "Intel" drivers in the Inteset section for background soft, didn't did any changes, still not reactive. It also change the mouse (I see the "old mouse style" instead of a point only).

Any clues/advices on it ?

I can made a video With/whithout Inteset, to show you the difference... just ask.
9 years ago
#1880 Quote
I just disable the "No desktop" (or something similar) and seems to fix the issue.
Now, just have a little trouble really strange, but will open a new thread (I see that issue there, but no working solution so far).

Edit: I did a test again after I reinstall the software: Issue still persist... I'll revert back to an old version....
I get ride of it after multiples click anywhere on the screen where it enable the normal cursor and screen sensitivity, don't know what happen there.
It seems, in fact, that after I open a PDF file in IE that fix the problem...