Tuesday, April 30, 2024 7:46:01 PM

Lockdown IE Touchscreen Issue after removing Java

10 years ago
#1746 Quote
Hi

I just removed Java 32 and 64-bit from a touchscreen Sony Vaio PC and now when it's in Lockdown mode I have to touch the screen twice to make it register a single-click. It's as if IE is not the in-focus app and touching the screen once brings it into focus and the second touch registers the click. The two clicks can be 10 seconds apart. I also noticed that it now displays a mouse-style cursor on the screen all the time - where previously it displayed a touch pointer when you touched the screen and only for about 5 seconds at a time. Everything works well when it's not locked down.

I tried the following to no avail:
- Reinstalled Java 32-bit
- Updated Lockdown for IE from 2.00.085 to 2.00.091
- Reinstalled the Sony touchscreen driver
- Did a system restore to the previous day (before Java was removed)

Removing Java seemed to remove some of my IE settings so rather than Java it may be that an IE or Windows setting that changed. I did try to recreate the IE & touch settings but may have missed something out.

My PC is a Sony Vaio All-in-one model VPCL229FG running Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit with IE9 32-bit

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

Tim
10 years ago
#1747 Quote
Try applying a Restore Point prior to the last one you did.
10 years ago
#1748 Quote
I do have a restore point prior to the Java removal - and I did restore back to it as part of my troubleshooting - but to no avail.
10 years ago
#1749 Quote
Did the touch work when locked down at any point? If so, it would seem doing a restore would set the system to a state where it was working again... Try reinstalling the touch drivers.
10 years ago
#1750 Quote
Touch works but it takes two touches to accomplish a single-click. As I said, the first click doesn't do anything but the second click does. The two clicks can be 20-seconds apart. It's as IE isn't the current app and the first click brings it into focus and the second click then works. Visually IE is all I see.
I have already tried reinstalling the touch driver (see above for the things I've tried). Thanks.
10 years ago
#1751 Quote
If the touch driver is USB based, try un-checking the "No USB Drives" option under the System Lockdown/Machine tab.
10 years ago
#1752 Quote
The touchscreen is integrated (Sony Vaio All-In-One) so not sure if USB or not. Touch is working just have to press everything twice! I will give it a go (tomorrow in about 9hrs here in NZ). Thanks.
10 years ago
#1755 Quote
Please email techsupport@inteset.com directly so we may send you some test instructions and a test build of the software.
10 years ago
#1761 Quote
I revisited the site yesterday and the two touch kiosks that were having issues seem to be running fine now??!!

Thanks for the offer of help. I restart the kiosks next week to see what's going on. I'll keep you posted