Wednesday, May 8, 2024 2:21:37 AM

Long touch issue with Chrome

9 years ago
#1860 Quote
I'm using Chrome version of your software and now facing a problem that I haven't been able to solve. I'm using Asus T100 tablet with Windows 8.1 to display one web site and user shouldn't be able to leave that site. I've tried to make it as secure and idiot-proof as possible but I still managed to go to settings and remove extensions using only touchscreen. I just needed to touch and hold for a second and the right-click menu appeared. There I could open a new tab and go to settings and do all kinds of harmful stuff.

Can you somehow disable long touch that brings up the right-click menu? I managed to do it by changing Windows settings, but it didn't affect Chrome's behavior. Second possible option would be to just disable right-click menu or remove some items from there.
9 years ago
#1861 Quote
Please export and zip the following Windows Registry key and email it to techsupport@inteset.com:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Inteset\SecureLockdown_v2_CM

Also, please be sure your testing with the latest release found here. You should not be able to access the Chrome Settings page. In addition, be sure to enable the Chrome Lockdown > Chrome Layout > No Chrome Menus feature.
9 years ago
#1863 Quote
Actually I wasn't able to access the settings, so don't need to worry about that.

I was able to disable extensions and to open a link in a new window. When I opened a link to a new window it opened in a normal view where address bar is visible.
9 years ago
#1864 Quote
Please email us the Windows Registry export described in the above post.