Wednesday, May 8, 2024 9:15:47 PM

Solution to touch screen keyboard for Firefox/IE

9 years ago
#1881 Quote
I found this great app to get automatic on-screen keyboard for browsers where it doesn't work out of the box. In Chrome-browser this is not needed because it has already good touch keyboard.

It is easy to get to work by just adding it to background apps and Firefox for master application (or vice verca, don't know if it matters).

I still faced one problem that is yet to be solved: It seems that this keyboard is somehow blocked when Secure Lockdown enables its 'Compability Mode (Added in build 2.00.084)' that allows Secure Lockdown to be disabled using default virtual keyboard.

If there would be a possibility to disable Compability Mode -feature in Secure Lockdown v2 standard edition, it would solve all my problems and maybe someone else's also.

You can find the app here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=49724189&postcount=58
9 years ago
#1882 Quote
You can disable the Secure Lockdown "Compatibility Mode" on-screen keyboard check by adding the following Windows Registry entry:

KEY: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Inteset\SecureLockdown_v2”"
KEY NAME: "IgnorePhysicalKeyboardCheck"
NAME VALUE: "1" (DWORD)

Note that some virtual keyboards do not have sufficient keys/functionality to invoke the Secure Lockdown configuration utility (via Alt-Shift-S)
9 years ago
#1883 Quote
Wow, thanks! That actually did solve all my problems.

Lack of Alt-Shift-S is not a problem because we have possibility to use a keyboard if needed.