Wednesday, May 8, 2024 12:28:47 PM

Locked out of kiosk

9 years ago
#1902 Quote
We purchased your software to run on two business kiosks in our hotel.
One of our systems have locked us out.
I can get to the desktop but ALT+SHIFT+S wont bring up the panel to turn off the security set.
I am unable to run any executables or open the control panel to try delete the user profile.
The anti-virus is not an issue as its running fine on the other system with the security set installed.
I do not want to have ti format this system. It's really not an option.
9 years ago
#1903 Quote
Have you tried restarting the system?
9 years ago
#1904 Quote
Yes, numerous times.
9 years ago
#1905 Quote
Do you have another admin account on the system? If so, you'll need to delete the locked down account and recreate it. If you don't have another admin account on the system, you can try to recover from a restore point using a Windows disk, otherwise, you'll need to re-install the OS.
9 years ago
#1906 Quote
No other admin account.
If I successfully restore to a point before the security software was installed.
How does this affect our licensing?
9 years ago
#1907 Quote
It should allow you to re-activate as long as Windows was activated. If not, please email techsupport@inteset.com. If you have success with the restore point, please be sure to create a second admin account.
9 years ago
#1908 Quote
Thank you for your help.
I was able to sucessfully restore to an earlier point.
How do I deactivate the software before uninstalling so as I can reuse the license on a kiosk with less traffic?
Thank you again.
9 years ago
#1909 Quote
there is a "Deactivate" button in the About tab. Just press that button to deactivate the license.