Thursday, May 16, 2024 6:35:13 PM

Windows7 IE 10 Upgrade to 11, cant click links now,

9 years ago
#1929 Quote
I have a windows 7 Kiosk that i recently upgraded the browser from IE 10 to IE 11 on.  At this point with the same settings on Secure Lockdown 2 IE Version  I am unable to click on any links and I receive a message telling me that I'm unable to do this due to restrictions in place.

Ive removed all sites from the authorized sites and set it to allow all.   Any suggestions on how to past this issue?
9 years ago
#1930 Quote
What do the links open? Are they new window links? If so, be sure to have the "No New Windows" option unchecked in Secure Lockdown.
9 years ago
#1933 Quote
The links open other pages on the same site.

No changes to the site have taken place.   The browser worked fine with IE 10 exept for problems with slow browsing of the kiosk itself.

The upgrade to IE 11 fixed the problem with slow browsing.  Te only problem now is that the software doesnt let any link within the kiosk be clicked.  All links are local to the site.  none are setup with the option for "new window".
9 years ago
#1934 Quote
If this is a public site, please supply the URL. Also, if possible, please send an email to techsupport@inteset.com with a snapshot of the Secure Lockdown settings in use.
9 years ago
#1936 Quote
Responses sent via email
9 years ago
#1937 Quote
We cannot reproduce this issue. With Internet Explorer and Secure Lockdown closed, try deleting the following Windows Registry keys, then reboot the computer:

HKEY _CURRENT_USER\Software\Inteset\SecureLockdown_v2_IEE
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Ratings

You will then need to redefine the Secure Lockdown settings.
9 years ago
#1939 Quote
The problem has been found.  

under IE Lockdown:
No browser close Checked causes the error upon click.

With that button unchecked everything is fine.

9 years ago
#2006 Quote
Isaac G. wrote:
The problem has been found.  

under IE Lockdown:
No browser close Checked causes the error upon click.

With that button unchecked everything is fine.

Thanks for this.  I had the same issue till I unchecked the No browser close option.