Sunday, May 19, 2024 1:20:22 AM

Luanch IE automaticly on bootup and keep it maxamized

9 years ago
#1980 Quote
Hi,

I am curious if there is a way to launch an application when Inteset boots up? Also, if there is a way to keep that window always maximized whether it is launched on boot up or just form clicking on the icon.

I tried to put the shortcut in the start up folder of the Kiosk user, but that did not work. Also, on the keeping of windows maximized, I have it to where it can not be closed out of, but it can be minimized and resized.

Anyway to resolve this issues?

Thanks,
Jeryn
9 years ago
#1981 Quote
The Maximize and Minimize button functionality can't be removed. However, Secure Lockdown will restore the application if it is minimized and it will maximize the application if it is not maximized provided those options are enabled in the Secure Lockdown settings.
9 years ago
#1982 Quote
I have been looking through all the settings (I have the Multi Application Edition), but can not find anything about keeping it maximized.

I have found where it is maximized when it is first opened, but I can still minimize or resize the window. Where would these settings be located at?
9 years ago
#1983 Quote
Those features are not available in the Multi Application Edition. If you disable the "No Taskbar" option, users will be able to minimize and restore applications.
9 years ago
#1984 Quote
Just curious, what edition has those options?

I will look into the no task bar option and see if that works.

Thanks for the help,
Jeryn
9 years ago
#1985 Quote
All other editions of Secure Lockdown have the feature.
9 years ago
#1987 Quote
There particular Kiosks will be used for just one website. Would it be better to go with Inteset Secure Lockdown v2 - Internet Explorer Edition  rather than the multi application edition for that purpose?

Whats the differences between Inteset Secure Lockdown v2 - Internet Explorer Edition  and the multi application edition?
9 years ago
#1988 Quote
You're probably better off with Secure Lockdown - Internet Explorer Edition since the goal is to just provide access to a website. Multi-application Edition is useful if you need to provide your end users with access to multiple programs. Here is a comparison chart.
5 years ago
#7952 Quote
Just confirming this is still the case as this post is 4 years old. We bought the multi-edition because we thought we could use Chrome or Internet Explorer with what we were doing...turns out was need IE.

Is the multi-edition still unable to have IE open upon user login?
5 years ago
#8006 Quote
You can set up IE to open upon user login, just not when using Secure Lockdown - Multi Application Edition. You could start IE with the Windows Task Scheduler. Note that Secure Lockdown - MAE will not monitor IE and launch it if it is closed by the user.