Monday, April 29, 2024 3:28:21 PM

Chrome Homepage

9 years ago
#1990 Quote
Is it possible to set a homepage in either regular or incognito mode of Chrome when using Secure Lockdown v2 Chrome Edition?  If a homepage is set in Chrome outside of Secure Lockdown it's ignored when Chrome is started and the 6 panel start screen is loaded.  I realise setting the homepage in incognito mode is different, but if possible this would be the preferable route.  Either way, how do you set the homepage in Chrome?

Many Thanks,
Phil
9 years ago
#1991 Quote
Set the Chrome homepage within the Chrome "Settings > On Startup > Open a specific page..." option. Then, enable Secure Lockdown with the "Chrome Lockdown > General Options > Incognito Mode" option enabled.
9 years ago
#1994 Quote
For what it's worth, I'm seeing erratic behavior with this configuration. We're using incognito as well and sometimes it launches the configured start page correctly, sometimes not.

For the time being I've worked around it by bookmarking the proper "start" page, and training our staff to use the visible bookmark if that screen comes up when they boot a system. It would be great if it could be fully automated though.