Thursday, May 16, 2024 7:33:07 PM

Creating Internet Explorer Shortcuts in Multi Application Version

9 years ago
#2050 Quote
I am having issue with creating I.E. shortcuts into the circle dock of the multi-app version of Secure Lockdown. I tried just dragging the icons over to the dock, but I receive an error message containing the url that I am trying to connect to and "Unspecified Error". Please note that I have already upgraded the multi-application to the most recent version.
9 years ago
#2051 Quote
Try adding icon to the Circle Dock by right-clicking on an empty space on the Dock, then choose Add > Blank Item. Then select the Target File. Also, check the properties of the IE Desktop shortcut to see if there are any arguments that need to be applied to the Circle Dock item (in the Arguments field).
9 years ago
#2052 Quote
Are you referring to Internet Explorer Shortcut, or the URL shortcut that I have located on the desktop? Also, what arguments would I need to utilize in case the suggested does not work?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
9 years ago
#2053 Quote
In this case, you need to specify the following:

Target: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" <your URL>
Arguments: %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%
9 years ago
#2054 Quote
Where %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH% in the arguments, should these values be replaced by %C:\%%path of file%
9 years ago
#2055 Quote
Sorry. The previous settings provided are incorrect. It should be:

Target: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Arguments: <your website URL>
Start In: %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%
9 years ago
#2056 Quote
This worked perfectly! Should I now use this with every Internet Shortcut that I have?
9 years ago
#2057 Quote
yes.
9 years ago
#2059 Quote
Thank You very much for your time and support. This worked perfectly!