Thursday, May 16, 2024 11:48:38 AM

Chrome --incognito --kiosk

9 years ago
#2093 Quote
I have an issue where my remote machine needs to reboot daily. Most of the time when it reboots it goes back to a chrome restore page asking if i want to restore my session, the problem with that is noone is there to click the button.

Doing some research folks have recommended using incognito mode so there is no data to restore and therefor resolving the issue but I havent been able to figure out how to get lockdown chrome to run in incognito mode.

How do i go about doing that? or is there another work around for the problem?
9 years ago
#2094 Quote
There is an "Incognito Mode" option found under the Secure Lockdown Chrome Lockdown > General Options tab. Make sure that is is enabled. You do not need to supply any command-line switches as Secure Lockdown will do that automatically.
9 years ago
#2097 Quote
I dont see an incognito mode, i only see "No Incognito Mode" i tried it with the box checked but chrome still goes to "restore" mode.
9 years ago
#2098 Quote
What Edition of Secure Lockdown are you using? Also, be sure to download and install the latest build (currently 2.00.106) of Secure Lockdown. There have been some improvements in avoiding the Chrome "Restore" button issue.
9 years ago
#2099 Quote
Thanks, it looks like the new feature solved my problem.
9 years ago
#2100 Quote
Actually it appears when it reboots that it occasionally now goes to a blank google page. Do you have a workaround for that?
9 years ago
#2101 Quote
If you have the Secure Lockdown > General Options > "Delete Cache" option enabled, disable it and try again.
9 years ago
#2102 Quote
That option is not enabled.
9 years ago
#2103 Quote
What edition of Secure Lockdown are you using?
9 years ago
#2105 Quote
Also, try using the Secure Lockdown > System Lockdown > System Restart feature to restart your computer. It does a good job at shutting down running apps gracefully which will probably solve this problem.