Tuesday, April 23, 2024 2:39:13 PM

Secure Lockout won't allow me to login

8 years ago
#2581 Quote
So I set Secure Lockout to disable CTRL+ALT+DEL, but I thought that meant once the user was logged in.  I am not locked out of my admin account (the only account on the computer).  Is there some way to fix this without re-installing Windows 7?  Safe Mode maybe?
8 years ago
#2582 Quote
if you press the Shift key while the computer is booting into Windows, it will display the windows welcome screen. you should have access to login at that point.
8 years ago
#2583 Quote
I tried twice that but it still goes to the "Press CTRL+AL+DELETE to log on" screen.
8 years ago
#2584 Quote
If you never have the opportunity to access the welcome screen and the only way to log in is by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del, then you will not be able to do so. Reinstalling the OS is likely your only alternative depending on the other Secure Lockdown settings you selected. By default, Safe Mode is disabled.
8 years ago
#2585 Quote
So how to I disallow CTRL+ALT+DELETE without locking the user out?
8 years ago
#2587 Quote
This issue can occur on Windows 7 or earlier systems that are on a Domain network. For systems under a domain with only one account, you will need to set Windows up to auto login if you enable the Secure Lockdown "No Ctrl+Alt+Del" option.

Below is the Registry entry (all String Values) that is required for Auto Login under a Domain Admin account:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"DefaultUserName"="usernamer"
"DefaultDomainName"="domain"
"AutoAdminLogon"="1"
"DefaultPassword"="password"