Sunday, May 19, 2024 3:27:41 AM

Secure Lockdown Standard - ClickOnce App (appref-ms)

8 years ago
#2671 Quote
Support,

I'm evaluating your product for use with a click-once app. When I point it to the installed .exe the shortcut references, it works great. When I point it instead to the appref-ms shortcut, it works when I test, but does not work when I enable Secure Lockdown. Instead, it flashes a textbox on the screen with text "Loading" and option "OK." -- this continues to cycle indefinitely.

I'm also reasonably confident I'm not missing a program dependency, because if I enable desktop/explorer in the Secure Lockdown options, and put the app in the startup folder of the user, the app runs correctly from that shortcut (in Secure Lockdown mode), but not from Secure Lockdown (same issue, doesn't keep the process running if closed, etc).

I've tried these steps so far:

Confirmed AV is disabled.
Confirmed the user running Secure Lockdown is an admin on the device.
Confirmed UAC is disabled/set to never notify.
Pointed to the .exe directly -- this works, but breaks any updating features that appref-ms shortcut would provide.

Machine Info:

Windows 8.1 Enterprise x86, Touchscreen tablet device. Domain-bound, running on a domain user that is a member of the local administrators group. Set up for auto-login on that domain account.
8 years ago
#2672 Quote
you will need to specify the "*.appref-ms" within the Master Application > Application field. Then, you'll need to specify the actual process name the ClickOnce app runs within the Master Application > Process Name field.
8 years ago
#2674 Quote
Support,

This is the configuration that I'm using, but it is failing.

When I use Secure Lockdown to test my configuration, it works fine. When I enable Secure Lockdown and reboot, it fails in the manner I described.

Master Application:
Application: C:Program Files\***\***.appref-ms
Process Name: ***.Exe
8 years ago
#2675 Quote
please email your Secure Lockdown settings file to techsupport@inteset.com. You can generate the file from the Help > Export / Import feature.
8 years ago
#2676 Quote
Also, it's likely you will need to use a hidden Secure Lockdown feature called "Master Process Exit Delay".

You can find how to set up this feature in the Secure Lockdown - Administrator Guide under the "Hidden Secure Lockdown Features" section.
8 years ago
#2677 Quote
Support,

I'll examine the setting you referenced. I also just sent the config file you requested.

Thanks,

Shaun
8 years ago
#2730 Quote
An issue was discovered revolving around the ClickOnce with the Keep Running option enabled. There is a new build available (2.00.123) for download with the fix. This may or may not resolve the problem you were experiencing. Please test it at your convenience.
6 years ago
#5018 Quote
I have a similar problem.
If I put the .appref-ms file as "Master Application", it works, but if I put it as "Background Apps" it does not work (not execute).
The application that I have can not be set as "Master Application" because I have another one configured, what can I do? You can not put two applications as "Master Application".
6 years ago
#5028 Quote
Secure Lockdown will monitor no more than one application. One "Master Application" is supported. You can launch your second ClickOnce app (ie: from Windows Task Scheduler), but Secure Lockdown will not monitor it.