Tuesday, April 16, 2024 4:40:30 PM

Using Secure Lockdown for a regular user account.

12 years ago
#198 Quote
We would like to use Secure Lockdown with a regular user account on windows 7 on a corporate domain.  Of course the regular user does not have permissions to install applications.  I can log in as the regular user, then install SL using the "run as" dialog, but then the application seems to want to only run as the administrator account that I used to "run as" the installer.

Is there any way to use secure lockdown work with an account that doesn't have install privileges?
12 years ago
#199 Quote
Secure Lockdown must be installed under an administrator account. When Secure Lockdown is enabled, the user has only the privilages allowed by your "Master Application." Even though the Windows User has administrative rights, there is no way that user can access the administrative features of Windows unless your Master Application alows it.
12 years ago
#200 Quote
Just to be clear, are you saying that Secure Lockdown must be run as administrator and that the computer must be logged in as administrator at all times to use the application?

I understand that SL is a compensating control, just want to be clear that running as administrator is a requirement.
12 years ago
#201 Quote
Yes. Secure Lockdown must be run under an administrator account. This is how the application has the ability to lock down Windows features.